Virtual Buddy Walk? What do I do?
A virtual Lowcountry Buddy Walk is new to all of us, but here are some ways to still participate "together", spread awareness, and raise money for DSAL!
We will be adding social media challenges, contests, and more as we go, so keep checking in here or follow us on Facebook and Instagram for up to date news!
Leading up to the walk
Raise funds for DSAL
We know that 2020 has been a difficult year in so many ways and that money is tight everywhere. DSAL appreciates any money people choose to share with us to keep our mission moving. We are gathering prizes to give to our fundraisers and will post them here as we go along. Know that any amount of money that you raise for DSAL is valued and will be used in the best ways we can. See more about where your money goes here.
When you Walk
Choose a way to walk this year that will be fun and meaningful for you, your team, and whoever you are honoring with Down Syndrome! We will add to this list as we come up with new ideas. Please share yours with us and we may add them here too! Remember there are lots of prizes up for grabs so register and share!
- Walk a distance related to Down Syndrome (T21) such as 3.21 miles, three times around the block, or 21 miles (any marathoners out there??).
- Your walk does not have to be a "walk"...ride bikes, roller skate, or have a parade of wagons, golf carts, or even lawn mowers... You know we love to celebrate differences!
- Your walk can be just you, your family, your neighborhood or your team all over the country walking together over Facetime.
- Got a crossfit-loving Buddy Walk team? Your "walk" could be doing 3 sets of 21 burpees or 321 jumping jacks!
- Perform 21 random acts of kindness